[meteorite-list] Easter gift to the list. SAH 99555 Angrite Xpol Micrographs from Tom

From: STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com <STARSANDSCOPES_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 10:58:21 EDT

Hi List, I have a bunch of Easter colors for you to check out. Jeff Hodges
has provided me some more unbelievable thin sections to image and, of
course, I had to start with the Angrite. It is a beautiful polished thin of SAH
99555.

I have picked two sets of six, the first taken at 160X and the second at
400X, both in cross polarized transmitted (pass through) light. The Angrite are
to glassy to get good reflected light images but I'll keep at it.

I'll send this set in an email to whoever emails me and asks. I do this
because I don't want to just start sending image files to people who are not
interested. It will be embedded in the email through AOL so no need to worry
about attached file downloads (Those always make me nervous if I don't know who
sent them).

If you look at them and like them, please post to the list. I am trying to
raise awareness of my micrograph Gallery
http://www.meteorite.com/meteorite-gallery/ and some positive comments might encourage others to take a look.

Thanks, Tom Phillips