[meteorite-list] Turkmenistan falls

From: meteor a <comet1995-2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 09:58:56 -0600

Hi All,
I want to mention that it has to be a very funny story about the "second fall" named Dashowuz.
First real fall was at Kunya Urgench. I was there and brought a lot of material from there. After many discussions with the people that I want to buy stones like that I know that some of the mass (about 7 kg) was moved to Dashowuz. At that time I had no possibility to find the person in Dashowuz. But later we heard about another "fall". About half a year later only. Somebody bought a meteorite there.
Please look at the map -- distance about 50 km, please look at the analyzes of both meteorites -- SAME, please look at the images of both of them -- SIMILAR!!, please look at the description of the stones -- very active iron is oxidizing fast. TWO BOMBS (METEORITES) DO NOT FELL IN THE SAME HOLE! Only in desert we can find two (more) similar meteorites nearby. But in this case they'll be parts of a shower and will be named as one meteorite or they'll be different with big difference in Earth live.
I do not understand why noncom agreed to give a separate name to a meteorite that was for sure removed from a fall place and has 100% similar studying and visual data. Really stupid.
Sorry that did not said this before...
All the best,
Serge

> From: altmann at meteorite-martin.de> To: MexicoDoug at aim.com; > Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:59:05 +0200> Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Turkmenistan falls> > Hi Doug,> > and you forgot to mention, that the Turkmen-people had wished, that the 1ton> stone would have hammered that Nyjazov right on the head, as he was an> especially idiotic example of the meanwhile rarer species, called> "megalomaniac dictator".> > Nyjazov wrote a pseudo-religious book, an incredible rubbish. That book he> made to the main subject in all schools and no university diploma without> the examinee being able to recite the content word by word.> He let build monuments for this book, in TV-shows the people danced arounf> that book (and he wasn't pleased, that most national libraries all around> the world, refused to accept the copies he presented them). In the capital> he let errect a golden statue of himself, motor-operated to turn around for> the sun always shining in his face. He officially redefined the names of the> months, one
is named now after his mother. Frequently he arranged song> contests, with the requirement that all lyrics had to praise his splendour,> glory and wisdom.> Those were after a while even for him so boring, that he didn't attend the> spectacles anymore.> In the capital he started a project, that on each intersection underpasses> were built, and by law the pedestrian had to use them, although there are> almost no private cars in town, only for not disturbing him, when he is> going by car. > He bleed his people dry, destroyed the medicare, which is now worse than in> Africa, he cited the people to hard labours, arbitrary imprisonments &> torture were the orders of each day.> Thanks God he wasn't so militaristic like e.g. Kim Jong-il,> but in the row of dictators a Lukashenko is a choir boy in comparision.> That man was mentally insane.> > I've some hundred grams of his "Sapamurat Turkmenbashi" H5 left. Small rusty> fragments. But I will store them a few years, as they are still suffering> from the Russian diseas
e and underrated. Yep it has 1ton tkw, but 1ton of> that 1ton is a single stone. No supply anymore. Happy those, who bought in> time!> > Buckleboo!> Martin> > > -----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----> Von: meteorite-list-bounces at meteoritecentral.com> [mailto:meteorite-list-bounces at meteoritecentral.com] Im Auftrag von> MexicoDoug> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 28. M?rz 2007 04:31> An: Meteorite Mailing List> Betreff: [meteorite-list] Turkmenistan falls> > Dear Listees,> > I just noticed Mike offered up for sale a meteorite from Turkmenistan,> beautiful!> >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170095403910> > DASHOGUZ (H5) fall, 1998. This would appear to be the fresh good stuff> recovered by Kakabay Annaniyazov around the rim of the crater as everything> in the crater was apparently terribly oxidized officially with a total of> only 7kg. While NAU only has 21 grams for classification the rest seems to> be in the hands of an anonymous private collector.> > Check out this little gem that coincidentally came
 into my inbox> (embellished only slightly):> > On June 20, 1998, the eve of the anniversary of the democratic authoritarian> head of state of Turkmenistan was to celebrate the anniversary of his rise> to power on June 21 (Summer Solstice). By decree, a meteorite fell on his> country on that day to herald in the celebration - weighing well over a> metric ton! A diehard meteorite devotee, the kingly leader thought, ...> "This one has my name all over it".> > He then decreed that the meteorite would be named "His Excellency, World> Leader of Turkmens and President Saparmurat Atayevich Niyazov", after> himself. We better know this meteorite as KUNYA-URGENCH (H5), as the> Nomenclature Committee did not respect his wishes with official status. It> was then decreed in some circles underground, that members of said committee> would have their tongues cut out if they ever set foot in Turkmenistan> looking for meteorites. The King emphasized this point by commanding a> repeat occurrence for collectors.> > Sure enough
, on September 5, 1998, two and a half months later, another H5> fell which was named DASHOGUZ, just 50 kilometers away from the original.> The British Museum then was rumored to diplomatically motion for the tongues> of its colleagues by making Turkmenbashy (=Great Leader of the Turkmens) a> synonym in the style of Alexander the Great, using his first name: also> known as: Saparmurat Turkmenbashy (Saparmurat the Great Leader of the> Turkmens). And that official synonym, given the nod by Turkmen scientists> for the original Turkmenbashy fall, continues today.> > His Excellency, Great Leader of Turkmens and President Saparmurat Atayevich> Niyazov unfortunately joined the stars from whence he came officially around> the Winter Solstice (December 21, 2006).> > It is an interesting footnote that those are the only two witnessed falls> ever recorded for Turkmenistan :-) The new President of Turkmenistan is:> Gurbanguly M?likguly?ewi? Berdimuhammedow soon maybe to add Turkmenbashy.> The grapevine has it he may als
o command a meteorite fall in his name to> consolidate rule in this challenging resource rich country - and his is> rumored to be the son of Turkmenbashy.> > Best Health and Best Wishes,> Doug> > ______________________________________________> Meteorite-list mailing list> Meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com> http://six.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/meteorite-list> > ______________________________________________> Meteorite-list mailing list> Meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com> http://six.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/meteorite-list
Take a break and play crossword puzzles - FREE!
http://games.msn.com/en/flexicon/default.htm?icid=flexicon_ wlmemailtaglinemarch07