[meteorite-list] "Well, it's pretty sad"

From: Michael Murray <mmurray_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 12:37:41 -0600

Hey Mal, and caring List members,
   I'm know I am willing to visit about meteorites, and those things
related. I'm an amateur in this for sure but there is very little on
the subject of meteorites that I don't enjoy. I'm sure too that
there are others out there on the list that would mix in more if we
had some new meteorite discussions going on. I learn something
every time someone throws something out for us to discuss. I thought
the picture of the iron that we were given a chance to call it's
classification on was a way cool thing. I know I would really enjoy
more of that. (by the way it is a IIIAB right?)

I certainly don't mind if some folks banter a bit on the List. When
I see those emails, I have my options. I can just pass over them or
move 'em to the trash if I know they are trying to work out issues
with each other. Or, if I am without much to do, and interested in
knowing more about the issue or a certain person's makeup that's
involved, I can follow the thread. Once I figure out what the issue
is and who is involved, I usually don't follow along with them. I
figure they have something to work out and have chosen this venue to
take care of it on. No big thing to me.

I'm not a dealer, or seller. I am a self-proclaimed "hunter" and am
trying to learn anything I can about rocks from space and all that is
related. I really enjoy seeing photos of whole individuals simply
because there is usually details in the pictures that help me with my
limited ability to recognize a meteorite when I see one. If you ever
hunted micros, you most likely know the difficulty one can have
recognizing the small bits. Its really nice to see the pictures of
the insides too. Super cool to see pictures from the microscopes
like Tom puts up. I can only imagine the work that must go into
getting a surface ready to view like that.

Anyway to chop this off, I'm sure someone out there has some
interesting meteorite topics to discuss. For what it's worth, I'll
throw in with you all on a discussion. Let's come up with something.

I think we can make the atmosphere on this list as good as we want.

All the best,
Michael Murray
just an old man looking for rocks