[meteorite-list] Metal Fragment That Hit Illinois Home Not A

From: MexicoDoug <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 15:50:10 -0500

Hi Dave, not sure exactly how many are in the "we" who "dismissed it right
off" is as we argued the opposite and never went along. Chris injected a
little friendly sarcasm by asking me it came from a potato canon, which now
seems ironically the funniest comment of all. "We" posted only after
carefully watching the original video of the evidence that the assumed steep
angles that everyone is basing their numbers on looked suspect/bogus to me.
It remains a case of garbage into the calculations = garbage out with
respect to the supposed angle as far as we're concerned. And, it wouldn't
take a pro pitcher we explained, though it would take someone fairly strong,
to have tossed it at the 42mph or less that could have done the damage. Oh,
we wish we had a slice of Philadelphia pizza to celebrate this long awaited
resolution - the best pizza on the planet, and a couple of Coney Island, NY
franks - the best in the universe, as we all know:-)

Best wishes, and Great Health,
Doug