[meteorite-list] Mojave Hunt Images

From: greg stanley <stanleygregr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 09:07:40 -0700 (PDT)

Adam:

  Congratulations on all your finds, and the photos are great.

  The 38 gram fragment looks very interesting. You have to let the list know what it is once it gets classified. Also, I looked at the picture very closely
 it?s from the Californian side.

  So when are you going to return again. You have to let?s us locals know and we can join the team. I like to search with everyone, as I always seem to learn new things every time. I'm still relatively a newbe ? just been hunting about for about a year.

  Happy hunting,

  Greg Stanley

Adam Hupe <raremeteorites at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Dear List,

Here are a few images of last week's Mojave hunt:

Dancing with dust devils on bike:
http://themeteoritesite.com/LakeBedBike.JPG

Desert pan search:
http://themeteoritesite.com/DesertPanSearch.JPG

One dry lake bed is covered with these crystals giving
it an almost magical appearance:
http://themeteoritesite.com/Crystals.JPG

I have no idea what kind of creatures created this
strange home:
http://themeteoritesite.com/Bughole.JPG

A very interesting 38 gram fragment found on the
Nevada/California border, my fingers are crossed.
There is absolutely no magnetism whatsoever in this
piece:
http://themeteoritesite.com/Rock-1a.jpg
http://themeteoritesite.com/Rock-1b.jpg
http://themeteoritesite.com/Rock-1c.jpg

The most weathered chondrite? I have ever seen found
in California:
http://themeteoritesite.com/Rock-2a.jpg

Rewarded with a gorgeous sunset:
http://themeteoritesite.com/Sunset.JPG