[meteorite-list] New Iron

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 16:00:23 EDT

In a message dated 4/5/2007 12:23:28 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
metopaster at gmx.de writes:
Hi Anne and list!

Yes Anne, this is a nice contest. My guess is: IIICD iron, although it
is much harder to tell something about an iron meteorite as about a
stony one from a picture (for me).

Ingo

Thanks Ingo.

I am going to guess that it is an Anomalous Ungrouped Iron.
I know this is really going on a limb. (and I better go there before
anybody beats me to it!) :-)

On a more serious note, it does remind me a little of Kendall County or
Squaw Creek, also very fragmented looking irons.

Any other guesses?

Anne Black

Very good idea, Ingo.

Did anybody notice the Picture of Day:
_http://www.spacerocksinc.com/April_5_2007.html_
(http://www.spacerocksinc.com/April_5_2007.html)

A beautiful, and surprising looking meteorite published by Svend Buhl.
Anybody care to guess what the classification might turn out to be?

We could even make bets. Or turn this into a contest, like we did with
Moss.
Anybody wants to try?

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com