[meteorite-list] Matteo's Hatred SPAM

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 04:29:29 -0500

Hi,

Here's what on-line translation offers for:
Giovanni lascia perdere, qui ? normale se uno non ? un
professore di lingue, venga preso in giro...sopratutto da
certi personaggi qui presenti in questa lista piuttusto
degrinatori nel confronto degli europei[.]

Google Translate:
Giovanni leaves to lose, is normal here if he is not a
university professor of languages, comes above all
taken in turn. from sure here present personages
in this list piuttusto degrinatori in the comparison
of the Europeans

Babel Fish:
Giovanni leaves to lose, here normal if a not university
professor of languages, comes above all taken in turn...
from sure here present personages in this list piuttusto
degrinatori in the comparison of the Europeans

Free Translation:
Giovanni forgets it, here is normal if one is not a
professor of tongues, comes teased. ..sopratutto
from certain here present characters in this strip
piuttusto degrinatori towards the European

Dictionary.com:
Giovanni leaves to lose, is normal here if he is not a
university professor of languages, comes above all
taken in turn. from sure here present personages
in this list piuttusto degrinatori in the comparison
of the Europeans.

InterTran:
Youthful let go, there it is right whether a not it is a teacher nor
linguistics, I am from engrossed around. sopratutto by certifies
persona there presenti un this checklist piuttusto degrinatori in
the beside of the Europeans

With Dictionary in hand, my best guess:
Giovanni forgets himself. Here it is normal that, if one is not a
university professor of languages, criticism and teasing will
come from all around. Above all else, certain persons who
frequent this List would rather denigrate and confront all
Europeans.

I think that's pretty close.

"Piuttusto" is apparently a mis-spelling of "piuttosto," an
intensifying adverb, as in: "Morte piuttosto che dishonore"
("Death rather than Dishonor").

List members who speak or understand only their own language
(like me) are not being mannerly when they criticize those who
attempt an language unfamiliar to them for The List. It is also
inconsistent to complain that you can't understand someone's
language while at the same time criticizing them for the content
of what they say. Can't have it both ways, guys.

That said, it does SEEM that Matteo communicates reasonably
well: feelings of resentment, contempt, and a pervasive paranoia
about the motivations of others. That may be a totally erroneous
impression, of course. He may be in reality a cheerful and
friendly open-hearted fellow goaded into irritability by criticism.
Can't tell from the messages; it's like a bad cellphone connection.

It's NOT spam, though. Objectively, you can't say his posts are
anything but concise, pithy, and they are no more frequent than
any other vendor. It's not worth a thread. Besides, I can tell you
one thing about Matteo, even though I don't understand his language --
he's willing to fight back, so piling on will just keep it going.

Unless that's what you enjoy.

Sterling K. Webb