[meteorite-list] The Brave Tin Soldier

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 19:26:15 +0200

Once upon a time....

Folks! You know what made my day last weekend!
A romantic & sentimental story....

There!

http://kuerzer.de/crownjewel

Guess what this little guy is?

It's nothing else, than the second meteorite specimen I purchased in life!
Must have been in 1982, when little Martin bought it at the Munich show from
mighty Walter Zeitschel

(and I'm very pleased with that little boy, who had already a remarkable
good taste even as rookie - small but big enough to display the pattern, a
fullslice and important for Mundrabilla, a troilite...).

Was also one of the very first specimens I sold.

Now last Sunday, when I jabbed my fork into the belly of the carp...
No, I got it one stage earlier and tore it out from the gutter, which is
called ebay.

Dull it got its his long journey.
I'll give it to The Sorcerer, who will craft again a jewel out of the slice,
perhaps he'll carve some Reichenbach lamellae......
and then I'll never will let it go again for the rest of my life!

Lore: Meteorites, once found, never get lost.

Buckleboo!
Martin

PS: On Friday Rumpelstiltskin Martin will go on a ride into the forests for
2 weeks.
Meanwhile the wise and benign King Ralew will concede audiences to be
addressed with all your hardships & desires: stefan at meteoriten.com