[meteorite-list] National Geographic Re-Airing "Ancient Astroid", the origins of Libyan Desert Glass

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 23:22:30 -0500

Hi, Gerry

You will find this topic talked to death (I helped). I posted.
Norm Lehrman posted. MexicoDoug posted. We kicked
around whether the LDG could be from the Kabira crater,
or any crater or impact, if it could be tektites when it's so
wet, why the fluorine/boron levels are what they are, and
much more.

    I said that they WERE tektites that had lain underwater
for millions of years when that desert was swamp and lakes,
which it was:
http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/meteorite-list/2006-March/021154.html
and in defense:
http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/meteorite-list/2006-March/021179.html
http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/meteorite-list/2006-March/021183.html

    If it had been more than a year, I'd have posted it all
again, but it's quicker to just go look at the List Archives,
if you like that sort of thing.