[meteorite-list] INNER SOLAR SYSTEM

From: Rob McCafferty <rob_mccafferty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Sep 25 15:44:00 2006

In light of the recent suggestion that Neptune began
inside Uranus' orbit and that the outer planets
migrated to their current positions, I find it very
eay to believe that the motions of our planets are not
as neat and tidy as we were all taught to believe at
school.

A few years ago, I read that no 3 body situation is
ever truly stable. I suppose the same myst also be
true of an 8 body one(or 9 if you didn't like the
IAU's decision).

I'm not inclined to believe the thought of them being
wobbling plates and something necessarily setting them
in their motion. There's no reason for it to have been
formed evenly and less of a reason to it remain so.
I'll be intrigued to see how these theories develop
over the years.
This is truly a fascinating time for astronomy.

Rob McC