[meteorite-list] tazmania meteorites

From: Norbert F. Kammel <meteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 22 19:57:57 2006

Hi Steve and list,

as far as I am aware there is no known meteorite find from TASMANIA (Steve, try to further investigate with the correct spelling).
Even though we have the big Darwin Crater impact site on TASMANIA no meteorite fragments have been found here, only the well-known Darwin Glass.
Please let me know if you find a TASMANIAN meteorite. I wouldn't mind acquiring a piece.

Cheers from DOWN-UNDER,
Norbert Kammel
IMCA #3420
rocksonfire

> Steve Arnold, Chicago!! <steve_arnol60120_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi list and good evening.Has there been any TAZMANIAN meteorites ever to
fall or be found on that small island?I cannot find any listed in
meteorites A to z.On google I could not find any either.As rare as the
aussie meteorites are to get,I bet the taz meteorites would be just as
hard.In chicago wanting to know.

steve arnold,chicago,usa!!

                Steve R.Arnold, Chicago, IL, 60120

website url http://stormbringer60120.tripod.com