[meteorite-list] Encyclopedia of Meteorites : New features

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 22 18:25:33 2006

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 17:18:25 -0500, you wrote:

>i was under the impression if you asked to copy someone's info, they usually
>said yes. if they did all the work, it seems to me it's common courtesy to
>ask them first if you can use it to save the work, time, and/or money it
>would take to gather the info yourself. i don't think it's a misuse of
>security issue at all. just my $0.0000000000002. take care
>susan

If all it did was stop you from copying text from that web page (as some sites
do) it wouldn't be an issue. But you seem to not have understood my point-- it
stops cutting and pasting from working AT ALL. For instance, if you happen to
have that page open and are working on something in Photoshop, you try to copy
an element from one photo to another, you CAN'T, because that web site has
disabled cut and paste. Or you are working in MS Office, and cutting a piece of
text from one document to another, you CAN'T, because that web site has disabled
cut and paste. Or you do a little math using calc, and you try to copy the
result to a document, you CAN'T, because... you get the point, and any number of
other examples. I don't know about other people on the list, but I am almost
always running more than one (and usually more than 2 or 3) things on the
computer at one time, and deeply resent having one web site disable a basic
feature of my full system while that web page happens to be open. That's what I
mean.