[meteorite-list] Mesosiderites= Vestan?

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 22 13:08:05 2006

Hi Sterling, list -

Perhaps a key to this problem is to sort out the
parent bodies first, and contra McSween, perhaps
Artemis and the LPBE(s?) indicate one of the keys'
shape.

Crater counts and crater spectra are important in
sorting this out, and here NASA has not been doing its
job. An amateur working alone is not going to be able
to solve these problems, nor for that matter is a
professional working alone going to be able to do it.

Accretion is not entirely a theoretical problem, and
as "going there" runs say a hundred million dollars
per visit, the accretion problem is not going to be
even partially solved until we get someone qualified's
hand on the NASA space sciences faucet...

IMO, the NASA bureaucracy and constituency even appear
to be doing their best to ignore an act of Congress...

Money makes the world go around, the world go around,
the world go around...

good hunting everyone,
Ed

--- "Sterling K. Webb" <sterling_k_webb_at_sbcglobal.net>

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/nph-bib_query?bibcode=1998M%26PS...33.1281G&db_key=AST&data_type=HTML&format=&high=438c93072f28336