[meteorite-list] AD - New Pallasite - NWA 4482 - COOL!

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Sep 20 21:59:50 2006

Dear List Members,

I have been getting some of my long-awaited classifications in and can now
start to offer some of them, just not all at once. Most are incredibly rare
so I was willing to take the proper time to let the scientists do their
thing.

This week I would like to offer a new and interesting Saharan pallasite, NWA
4482. It was classified at the University of Washington. The total weight of
a single stone I got was just 232 grams. I cut a few slices and polished
them on one side which is a delicate task as much of the metal has been
replaced with accessory minerals "gluing" the crystals and matrix together.
I wasn't able to get any complete slices from this stone but the part slices
are very cool. The crystals are best viewed under a microscope and show a
rainbow of iridescent colors. This makes around four desert pallasites to
date. I put all 17 pieces I had on eBay under my seller name, NaturesVault.

Here are the direct links to 15 specimens (2 have already sold with the Buy
it Now feature):

NEW - NWA 4482 Saharan Pallasite
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&item=180030976119&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&item=180030977283&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&item=180030978096&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&item=180030979129&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&item=180030979623&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&item=180030980028&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&item=180030980526&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&item=180030981002&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&item=180030981416&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&item=180030981887&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&item=180030982211&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&item=180030982694&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&item=180030983119&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&item=180030983406&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&item=180030983784&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&item=180030984222&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Link to photo of a 19.1 gram Part Slice
http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa4482/nwa4482slice.jpg

To keep this email short, I will not list any of the too numerous to detail
available auctions here. There are awesome larger specimens, Last pieces of
a couple achondrites, a great planetary selection and tomorrow I will load
many unclassified Saharans, Lots and another great selection of the new EL3,
NWA 2828.

Best regards and Thank You for looking and/or bidding,
Greg

Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection
NaturesVault (eBay)