[meteorite-list] Unbelievably late package - my story

From: Walter Branch <waltbranch_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Sep 18 18:08:30 2006

Hello Everyone,

I have my own horror story about mail/package delivery but unlike most
others I must take part of the blame.

Not long after the 9/11 attacks here in America, I sent two large irons to
Norway and Philedelphia. They never made it. What was I thinking? I was
trying to send two large chunks of iron across America and across the
Atlantic Ocean. I can only imagine the anxieties the packages must have
produced when the x-ray machines were sounding off like crazy.

Fortunatley, they were insured but trying to get the US Post Office to make
good on a claim was another horror story.

-Walter Branch