[meteorite-list] Smoke Trail

From: G. Nicula <treasurehunter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Sep 13 17:03:24 2006

Hello everyone,

A couple of weeks ago I saw something in the sky that I recalled seeing once ten years or so ago. A white streak, not unlike that of a passing jet, with a shadow of some sort beneath it. This time the white streak appeared to be heading down to earth at an angle considered foolish for any jet. The blackish shadow was a mere copy of the white streak, but below it. When I saw this many years ago, I thought of it as some kind of shadow cast onto something in the air that I couldn't see. But this time the angle caused me to think that I may have just missed the opportunity to view a daytime fireball. Thinking back, I now remember that the first time I had seen this there were several streaks of this nature. Something I recently read about dust has piqued my curiosity.

Any comments?

George Nicula