[meteorite-list] Primitive achondrites

From: luc Meteorites.tv / Labenne Luc <labennemeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Sep 13 12:21:52 2006

Hi Tracy,

Yes, the crystalline structure of ITQIY is unique. About similarities with
Zaklodzie, follwowing A* "the noble gas contents of ITQIY and Zaklodzie
differ considerably and support the view gained from their chemical and
mineralogical compositions testifying to individuals origins and histories
of the samples"

Nice photos of ITQIY : http://www.meteorites.tv/contents/en-us/d59.html

Regards,
Luc

A* Andrea Patzer, Dolores H. Hill, William V. Boynton, Luitgard Franke,
Ludolf Schultz, A.J Timothy Jull, Lanny R. McHargue and Ian A. Franchi
ITQIY : A study of noble gases and oxygen isotopes including its terrestrial
age and comparison with Zaklodzie >>
http://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/nph-iarticle_query?2002M%26PS...37..823P&amp;data_type=PDF_HIGH&amp;type=PRINTER&amp;filetype=.pdf

B*Patzer, Andrea; Hill, Dolores, H.; Boynton, William V. Itqiy: A metal-rich
enstatite meteorite with achondritic texture >>
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/nph-bib_query?bibcode=2001M%26PS...36.1495P&db_key=AST&high=3d80afa24021663

C*Patzer, A.; Hill, D. H.; Boynton, W. V.Another Weird Rock from Space: A
Unique Enstatite Achondrite from the Saharan Desert >>
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2001/pdf/1029.pdf

Collectors <BR>http://www.meteorites.<STRONG><FONT
color=#ff0066>tv</FONT></STRONG> <BR></div></html>