[meteorite-list] Moroccan meteorite dealers

From: Jack Schrader <jack.schrader_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 8 19:17:35 2006

Dear List Members,
     Since the topic of Moroccan meteorite dealers has been an ever increasingly prevalent thread on the list, I thought I would add my 2 cents and clear up a few things. First of all, Abdellah and Abdelfattah are not the same person. Similar to the names "Rich", "Richard", "James", "Jimmy", in this country. Similar names but certainly not the same person. Abdellah deals with some well known clients in the meteorite world and is a friend of Abdelfattah. Abdelfattah's full name is Abdelfattah Gharrad and he lives in Agadir Morocco. I have been buying meteorites from Abdelfattah for approximately 8 months now. Abdelfattah is a young man who is rapidly making a very good name for himself as a highly skilled and reputable dealer of Moroccan meteorites. Abdelfattah works as an intermediary between his clients and the desert people who actually have the meteorites. Abdelfattah is a hard working young man and he is as honest a person as you would ever hope to find. Abdelfattah searches for the small cache
s of meteorites in surrounding villages, finds the desired types of meteorites for his clients, takes excellent photos of them, contacts his clients to see if there is any interest in the stones has has found, and if so, will return to the owner of the meteorites and negotiate for the lowest prices possible. Abdelfattah is a gentleman of very high moral standards and business ethics. I have nothing but good things to say about this enterprising young man and have highly recommended him to those who inquire for a recommendation. I have dealt with several Moroccan dealers via email over the past year, and Abdelfattah is by far my favorite. I have received exactly the same stones I have purchased from the photos and descriptions all shipped in a very timely manner in each and every case. I highly and without hesitation recommend Abdelfattah Gharrad to anyone interested in purchasing some nice, unclassified Moroccan meteorites. You can be assured of being very well treated by Abdelfattah Gharrad. This you
ng man is truly exceptional and deserves only the best as his reputation has proven time and time again. I also have only heard high praises from other clients of his. I predict his name will very soon be a popular household name in the world of Moroccan meteorites.

One last note. Do not expect to find any amount of rare meteorites in your potential purchases as the Moroccan people are very astute in weeding out the common chondrites from the potentially rare material. Do not make the mistake of thinking that these people are ignorant or backward or can be taken advantage of. You can still buy good quantities of the common chondrites at great prices as I have been doing, but the possible achondrites will be offered at near retail prices. Every dealer in Morocco has a neodymium magnet now and they are very capable of telling whether a meteorite is common or not. They have handled many times over the meteorites that you or I have.

I hope this information is helpful to those who may be considering purchasing meteorites in this manner. I can say from personal experience, that I have only had excellent experiences in my dealings with Abdelfattah.

Best wishes, Dr. Jack L. Schrader