[meteorite-list] Geological History of terrestrial "Olivine Bomb"?

From: Gerald Flaherty <grf2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Sep 3 13:18:16 2006

I picked up an Olivine Bomb from Norbert and Helke Kammel of "Rocks On Fire"
a couple of years ago when I knew less than I know now of meteorites. It's
Location is listed as Mt. Shadewll, Victoria, Australia. At the time the
very word "olivine" immediately brought pallasite to mind. I think I'd just
invested in my frist Imilac.
This piece is tantalizing in every way, from is thick jet black volcanic
crust, to its beautifully polished green interior.
Is this terrestrial mantle tossed up in a violent volcanic blast? Are these
common?
I sure think it's cool.
I'll try to take some pics of it if the sun ever emerges around Plymouth, Ma
again.

Jerry Flaherty