[meteorite-list] Ad - New Collector Card Series and Auctions Ending!

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Oct 31 11:20:02 2006

Dear List,

This week I would like to introduce a project I have been working on for
some time as well as some great auctions. Be sure to check out this weeks
offerings since I loaded several great items including more NWA 4293 lots
for those who may be running low and some new bulk material lots priced
below my costs. I am one month behind in liquidating these due to storage
issues. All of the auctions can be viewed at this link, there are some
really nice specimens this week and some do not even have opening bids yet:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZraremeteorites

Back to the project: It took five years to collect enough cutting material
from different planetary meteorites in order to create this comprehensive
assemblage I refer to as the "Planetary Collector's Card Series". I modeled
these with a baseball jersey parallel card set in mind thus the 12 different
serialized cards that make up this series. I hired a professional to do the
artwork several months ago and I think the cards came out great. I also
consulted Mr. Baseball himself, Commissioner Alexander Joy Cartwright IV and
got the green light to proceed with the comment "These are extraordinary,
really cool!" OK, the truth is, Alex is a good friend of mine and I showed
him the proofs at a private party when he made this comment. His family
actually invented baseball not Doubleday like most think.
http://inventors.about.com/library/inventors/blbaseball.htm

I had plans to mass produce some of these for a fundraising effort but there
is no way to automat the manufacturing process since the planetary cuttings
vary greatly in density so I limited production to 50 each, all serialized
with a COA. I feel this is the ultimate way to share authentic material
from the Moon/Mars with others since these will fit in a wallet/purse, you
can clearly see the material in the viewing window and there is no danger of
them breaking. Some of these are actual fragments instead of cutting dust so
be sure to check them all out because they are priced to sell at just $29.95
each. A good example of value is a 2mg fragment of NWA 2737 (Card-8) will
sell for more than this on a consistent basis and these cards contain more
material. The entire SNC suite can be covered with card numbers 2, 6 and 8
for less than $90.00. I remember when this would cost $1,200.00 to
accomplish!

Planetary Collector's Card Series:

Card #1 - NWA 482, Anorthositic Meteorite from the Lunar Highlands found
2001 in Northwest Africa, Total Known Weight 1,015 grams, No known pairings.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140047656425
Card #2 - NWA 1195, Shergottite Meteorite from the Planet Mars found 2002 in
Northwest Africa, Total Known Weight 315 grams, No known pairings.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140047656888
Card #3 - Dhofar 908, Feldspathic Impact-melt Breccia from the Lunar
Highlands found 2003 in Oman, Total Known Weight 245 grams, Several
pairings.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140047657351
Card #4 - DAG476, Shergottite Meteorite from the Planet Mars found 1998 in
Libya Sahara Desert, Total Known Weight 2,015 grams, Several pairings.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140047658425
Card #5 - NEA001, Feldspathic Regolith Breccia from the Lunar Highlands
found 2002 in Northeast Africa, Total Known Weight 262 grams, No official
pairings.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140047659155
Card #6 - NWA998, Nakhlite Meteorite from the Planet Mars found 2001 in
Northwest Africa, Total Known Weight 456 grams, No known pairings.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140047659713
Card #7 - NWA3136, Basaltic Regolith Breccia from the Lunar Mare Basin found
2004 in Northwest Africa, Total Known Weight 95 grams, No known pairings.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140047660298
Card #8 - NWA2737, Chassignite Meteorite from the Planet Mars found 2000 in
Northwest Africa, Total Known Weight 611 grams, No known pairings.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140047661003
Card #9 - NWA3160, Complex Regolith Breccia from the Lunar Mare Basin found
2005 in Northwest Africa, Total Known Weight 34 grams, Several pairings.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140047661455
Card #10 - NWA1110, Shergottite Meteorite from the Planet Mars found 2002 in
Northwest Africa, Total Known Weight 118 grams, Several pairings.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140047662182
Card #11 - NWA3163, Feldspathic Granulitic Breccia from the Lunar Highlands
found 2005 in Northwest Africa, Total Known Weight 1,634 grams, One known
pairing.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140047662544
Card #12 - SAU005, Shergottite Meteorite from the Planet Mars found 1999 in
Oman, Total Known Weight 1,344 grams, Several pairings.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140047662893

Link to the entire set which represents a 20% savings over purchasing the
cards separately:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140047668956

Do not forget to check out the NWA 4293 lots here is a single example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140047652126
Plus 13 more...

Complete slice of a very rare CK3, completely rim crusted and very fresh!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140045541125

Complete slice of the now famous NWA 2999 Angrite started at just 99 cents:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140045548514

And don't forget to check out the many other auctions at this link:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZraremeteorites

Thank you for looking and if you are bidding, good luck.

Best Regards,

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Collection
Team LunarRock