[meteorite-list] Silicated iron slices are here! AMAZING!

From: David Weir <dgweir_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Oct 27 10:19:44 2006

Greg,

I sold the world's ugliest meteorite early in my collecting career soon
after I bought it from Haag... Mills. So please don't send me another
contestant, I felt guilty enough selling that one to a friend for the
$1/g I paid for it.

As for the "gentleman's agreement" to keep ads to once per week per
person that Adam incessantly refers to, I never agreed to such a thing
and I doubt the majority of subscribers give a hoot about that as well.
I'm more tired of hearing Adam complain about that "agreement" than I am
about the extra ads. That "agreement" is not on the general list
policies either:

http://www.meteoritecentral.com/mailing_list.shtml

General List Policies:

1. Posts need to relate -in some way- to meteorites
2. Be courteous and professional at all times
3. Do not post -private messages- or -personal attacks- to the list
4. Please include the 'subject' of the post in the subject box
5. Send emails in text format, not -HTML-
6. Do not send emails with -file attachments- to the list - include a
file link
7. Make sure you can back up statements with -facts and references-
8. Do not post -major advertisement- emails to the list - include a
'sale' link
9. If you are posting a URL for a sale, include 'SALE' in the subject box

I do notice many Hupe ads (glad it's not a very big family :) which get
a little repetitive sometimes, and some that tend to skirt the line of
policy number 8, but that is a rather nebulous rule. I'm not bothered by
ads since I can remember the time when I would eagerly await a snail
mail catalog a few times per year from one of the few dealers out there,
then hurry through the list to call in my order before someone else
called first. Those were the days when any meteorite offering was a good
one, as I wanted a piece of every type. I remember, and now I appreciate
all the ads, which occasionally offer something of interest for me.

David