[meteorite-list] Suspect real meteorite(FALL???) from Thailand? being offered on Ebay Buyer

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Oct 26 16:16:58 2006

"The sales ad of this eBay seller does not jibe. Chiangmai Univ., Thailand ..."

Hello Dirk and List,

The sellers also state:

"purchased sometime between 1975 and 1977 ... as best the owner can recall"

"as best the owner can * r e c a l l * "

Could this be a piece of Chiang Khan ??? Yes, I know Chiang Khan fell on
on Nov. 17, 1981, and the crust looks different but ... the bidding amount
is really astonishing and this may be due to the last picture. It almost
looks "martian" but is most probably an H5 (like Chiang Khan or a fresh
Nuevo Mercurio) or an H6.

What also puzzles me are the words: " Yes, we ship worldwide". This wording
sounds familiar but that's my very personal suspicion and I may be wrong.

Best wishes,

Bernd