[meteorite-list] AD - Good, Bad and Ugly on eBay

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Oct 23 20:15:19 2006

Dear List Members,

GOOD:
I listed on eBay several beautifully polished slices and complete stones of
NWA 4473 Polymict Diogenite Breccia and NWA 2828 EL3 Fossil Meteorite, both
"Officially" classified by a qualified lab.

BAD and UGLY:
The "World's Ugliest Halloween Meteorite Pieces" 5357 grams auction will be
ending in just a couple hours. At below 2 cents per gram, this is an awesome
deal for those Halloween hand-outs or other interesting things you could do
with them. Heck, they can't be that bad, over 300 people have looked at the
auction and many are watching it in order to jump on this unique
opportunity. Here is the direct link to these beauties:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180039729367&rd=1&rd=1

I have also just loaded many pieces of NWA 4482 Pallasite, all with the "Buy
it Now' feature. In addition, I listed many unclassified Saharan chondrites,
some cut, some not. Most have low Buy it Now prices with even lower starting
prices, some as low as 99 cents. I will be loading several 1-kilo lots
tonight as well, and then my regular weekly auctions on Wednesday.

Thank you for checking these out and be sure to click on the above link and
then click "View seller's other items" to see all items I have available.
Don't forget to bid of those little Uglies (all 5357 grams, up from the
original 5050 grams first mentioned)

Best regards,
Greg

Greg Hupe