[meteorite-list] usps global priority vs airmail

From: Suzanne and Jim <suzieandjim_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Oct 23 19:41:45 2006

Boxes are fine if there a number of pieces and yes you
can provide greater protection. And yes if the item is
light the price for a box can actually be less than
Global Priority small envelope rate! Having said that
the only slice I have ever received that was broken
(neatly snapped in two) came in a box with bubble wrap
and peanuts!

Some of our German friends wrap stiff cardboard around
the slices then bubble wrap and I have have never had
any breakages.

Suzanne & Jim