[meteorite-list] Gloritea Trip

From: Ruben Garcia <meteoritemall_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Oct 23 19:29:26 2006

Once again Earl and I took on the rugged beauty that
is Glorieta. It was cold at 7 a.m. on Saturday morning
when we began swinging our detectors, but we were
ready.

Earl found his nicest pallasite within about 5 minutes
of turning on his detector. It was a beautiful
specimen that was just bursting with olivine. He then
hit two more siderites after another couple of
minutes.

By about 11 a.m. I was down 3 to zero and Earl was all
smiles! But, my luck was about to change. Just before
noon I found an amazing pallasite. One so nice that I
would have driven all the way to Santa Fe and hunted
all day just for that one.

I guess thats not saying much since I've hunted all
day many times for nothing!

Earl did still manage to out do me in number of pieces
found. He had four siderites and two pallasites. I had
three siderites and just one pallasite. However, I
found bigger pieces....
Just in case you were wondering,
it IS a competition. Lol. Just kidding Earl.

Here are some pictures

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/meteoritemall/album/576460762330142742#page1

Ruben Garcia