[meteorite-list] CHONDRULES

From: makinsomenoise_at_cox.net <makinsomenoise_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Oct 23 19:20:28 2006

Here is a definition from pg 908 of Meteorites in the Early Solar System II, Lauretta and McSween, editors, that might help answer the question. It is a great book, that for the Glossary alone meteorite enthusiasts should get a copy of.

"chondrite-- originally defined as a meteorite that contained chondrules; now also implies a bulk chemical composition, for all but the most volatile elements, that is not far removed from that of the Sun."

Devin Schrader