[meteorite-list] mega -chondrule

From: Dave Harris <entropydave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Oct 23 13:32:41 2006

Hullo,
Further to the threads regarding mega chondrules and odd inclusions, Marc
Fries of the Geophysical Laboratory at the Carnegie Institution of
Washington is going to have a look at my Allende inclusion and hopefully
explain what the heck has gone on here!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/entropydave/inclusion.jpg

Naturally (with Marc's explicit permission, of course!) I will share the
results and hopefully we'll have a good idea of what's happening in this odd
slice!!

Also, on the subject of Marc, who did a lot of work on the petrogenesis of
Portales Valley (and amazing work too, BTW) I am pleased to announce that I
hope to get my first slice of fat and veiny PV soon, weighing in at a (for
me) hefty 28g thanks to Illinois Steve and Fleabay!

Now that IS an odd meteorite!!

And congrats to Martin A. and Stefan R. on their new lunar NWA 4483 - it is
a wonderful fresh looking specimen! Buy Buy Buy!!!

Cheers!

dave
IMCA #0092
Sec.BIMS.