[meteorite-list] Introducing a new lunar meteorite - NWA 4483

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Oct 23 11:15:16 2006

Dear; Andi Gren, Stefan Ralew and Martin Altmann,

Congratulations on obtaining the 208 grams of material "scientifically"
paired to NWA 3163. I want to also "Thank You" for going through the proper
channels in order to get this material properly classified, supplying the
20-gram type sample and getting a unique NWA number with scientific proof
that it is indeed paired to NWA 3163. This should be an example to all who
want to offer material to collectors, doing it the right way! There are far
too many people currently making self pairings or coat-tailing to
"Classified" material. Some of these self-paired offerings later prove to be
NOT paired to whatever the selling offender originally claims and thus
provide, yet another example, that everyone should at least provide a type
sample to a lab, let the scientists analyze the material, and then and only
then, let the scientists make the pairing if there is one.

Again, Congrats to the Chladni's Heirs!

Best regards,
Greg

Greg Hupe