[meteorite-list] Chondrule formation mechanism

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Oct 21 13:12:59 2006

Hi all -

I think I would be right in saying that the usual
mechanism proposed for chondrule formation is
precipitation at low temperatures over time.

But I am wondering: could chondrule formation be
linked to the release of pressure? Could it be like a
soda-pop, where when you take the cap off the CO2
becomes bubbles? Could chondules be mineral bubbles
which formed when pressure was released on an
immiscible suspension?

It is often stated that there are no stupid questions,
and I hope I have not provided an example to the
contrary with this one.

good hunting,
Ed