AW: [meteorite-list] nearly nailed...

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Oct 19 17:16:15 2006

Kunya-Urgench.
"A large mass impacted 30-50m from several farmers in a cotton field,
creating a 6m wide by 4m deep crater. A single stone weighing about 900kg
was recovered from the crater.."

Boguslavka
"The first fragment fell near a Cossack who happened to be riding nearby,
Ivan Ovchinnikov..."

Hvittis
" K.Siivonen, a workman was standing on a field when he heard detonation and
soon after that he heard a swishing sound. Swish was so loud that he knelt
to avoid any hit. Because he was knelt, he did not notice that the meteorite
hit the ground about 100 meters away from him..."

And so on...

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----