[meteorite-list] Re: "Bessey Specks"

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Oct 17 10:07:15 2006

Hi Michael, list -

I see you list your Bessey Specks as "frags".

(Your price of $25 seems very fair for Nakla specks,
but I already picked up Mars Bessey Specks for
childrens' gifts at Christmas from Hupe.)

Clearly, there is a need for a more elegant term than
"Bessey Specks" for these. Does anybody have any
proposals? If not, is Dean(?-stroke damage) Bessey
going to be immortalized by having these formally
named after him?

Hupe also sent the Bessey specks in small tubes
suitable for young hands, along with 1 nice pair of
cards (BTW I need a second pair of cards for the
second set of tubes, Greg), instead of gelatin
capsules.

Perhaps microscope slides would be more suitable for
adult use, but as I don't remember any discussion of
these on the list, I'm bringing it up now.

good hunting -
Ed