[meteorite-list] [ebay] ending in about 2 days

From: stan . <laser_maniac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Oct 15 05:16:14 2006

Adam,

I'm not using official numbers to enhance the value of my stone - if i
wanted to do that I would play it off as unique. If i mentioned i suspect
pairings then OBVIOUSLY i would be talking about nwa 2999 and 3164 because
it's not like there are too many non vessicualted nwa angrites out there.
Instead of beating around the bush i just said what I belive to be true and
gave the reason for such belief.

As far as waiting for official pairings - there area wide array of tests
that need to be done before a pairing would be considered 'official' - well
above and beyond what is normally done for the purposes of classification.
Arent all of those DHO lunars still waiting for 'offical' pairings?

while the nwa 2775 acapolcoite might LOOK like the other ACAP floating
around out there if you look at the write up you will see substantial
differences in minerology and NAU has not informed me of any suspect pairing
on that one. so with neither my standards nor yours - there doesnt seem to
be any pairing on that one.

One last thing - for the nth time (now that we are done arguing i hope you
will honor my request)please post any relivant data you might have to the
nwa 3133/1839 issue. I an genuinely most interested to see it.