[meteorite-list] [ebay] ending in about 2 days

From: stan . <laser_maniac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Oct 15 01:34:08 2006

Greg

why dont you bother to read the whole gosh darned ebay listing before you
accuse me of self pairing and asking me if i'm a scientist - to avoid making
yourself look like a fool who is just trying to protect his market share
without giving a rat's behind about the collectors.

My ebay ad specifically states that NAU has ALREADY determined this material
to be an angrite - and that the material is (provisional) NWA 2934. All that
Dr. Bunch was waiting on before making this offical is the remainder of the
type specimin deposit since Adam Aaronson's sample (the same source for
Boswell's material and yours as well AFIK) was bellow the 20g requirement.
the remainder of this mass he should have by next week the postal services
willing.

Now i guess you could argue that Dr. Bunch might not know what he is doing
and i shouldnt offer the material till the classification is voted on by the
nomcom - but since Dr. Bunch co-authored the 'case for mercury' paper AND
took part in the classification of nwa 2999 I personally think his word on
the matter is good enough for me. I fully disclosed that the number is
provisional and that the assumption of pairing was based upon information
from my source. I dont see what kind of (legitimate) complaint you might
have.

I have maybe another 5g of this material that is 'extra' to my collection
from opening up the cut face on the stone i bought and removing material to
finialize the type specimin donation. No need to worry about my flooding the
market greg - after that 5g you can go back to selling the stuff for as much
money as you can get.

now why dont YOU do the right thing and apologize to the list for this BS.