[meteorite-list] Paypal Hackers WARNING!!!

From: MexicoDoug <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Oct 9 02:33:11 2006

Hello Listees,

The fact that eBay does anything at all - including protecting their
interests which also benefits users to some weak degree, and that they pull
the plug on low hanging fraudulent apples is better than your average flea
market. That doesn't mean I like eBay. I find them annoyingly aloof. I
really don't like them at all, because:

There was my personal participation which left me sour about them. A stolen
meteorite put up for sale once. STOLEN. I sent a clear, brief of the
situation and received no reply. I resent it, again to the correct place at
eBay. It was also ignored. I have held eBay in very low esteem since then
and really don't care what BS they do, silently, magically, lipservice or
not. As far as I am concerned their inaction was a complicity in the crime
they provided passively the vehicle to be committed and their policing is
deficient. Justice was never received by the owner. And he did own the
meteorite. That's all I'm going to say since I'd tried to forget it. eBay
is a zoo and a monopoly. An evil, albeit a necessary one filling a niche so
far heavy handed enough (PayPal integration, etc.) Hopefully the back of the
monopoly will be broken and blown to bits and commissions will go the way of
on-line stock brokerages. Its a crime to be so rich and have some many
complacent people. Too bad we need exposure to the world. I guess we get
what we ask for and some really know how to make big money off of it and
have a great time. I'm happy for them! But I think even Bill Gates has a
better attitude, and look where that got him with his clientele...
Back to business, Doug