[meteorite-list] Paypal Hackers WARNING!!!

From: MexicoDoug <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Oct 8 12:29:13 2006

Bernd wrote:

"I got a similar mail. It said that I had bid on and purchased a DeLL
notebook"

I got that one too about three hours ago. So it looks like that particular
phisherman could be harvesting the met list for email addresses. No big
deal, just deleted without delay along with the rest of the spam - another
proof that my email server is up and running, along with the list volume.
All emails are guilty until proven innocent. I feel sorry for all the less
lucid people easily befuddled that are trying to learn the internet to
communicate with family members and are new to PayPal. This particularly
PayPal Spam that Bernd brings up, which arrived with three other PayPal Spam
messages was different in one respect. There was actually an innocent
looking address in Penna., USA and a request to confirm that it was the
right address for the notebook's shipment. Tricky, tricky these prickly
sicklies.

I wonder why a hackers' vigilante network doesn't go after these worms to
give them a taste of their own dirt.