[meteorite-list] You have to be KIDDING

From: meteoriteplaya_at_comcast.net <meteoriteplaya_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Oct 2 19:03:11 2006

Hi Bob
It is because Ebay charges a listing fee of only $4.80 for items over $500. So the lister paid only $4.80 to list it. Where they get you is if the item sells. It would be 1.5% from $1000 and up....almost $200,000.
To see what I mean use this Ebay/PayPal calculator. Enter 13,000,000 in both the starting bid and final bid price. Enter 0 in the shipping.
http://home.alltel.net/micrep/fees.html
Mike
--
Mike Jensen