[meteorite-list] Beauty and the Beast, Tulia (a) +/- Dimmitt

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 01:09:01 -0600

Re: Dimmitt

Another plentiful meteorite find from Castro County, Texas is Tulia (a).
Tulia (a) is officially classified as an H3-4 stone chondrite. However there
appears to have been a mix-up during classificatiopn with a specimen of
Dimmitt, and Tulia (a) is believed by most, myself included, to be an H5
stone chondrite, and Dimmitt, the H3-4.

While H3.7 sounds better us collectors, we should likely use H3-4....which
in my personal opinion...does not carry the value of a true H3.7.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
Wichita, Kansas
www.meteoritearticles.com