[meteorite-list] OT -- Mercury Transit

From: ted brattstrom <volcanoted_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Nov 9 14:58:10 2006

Try the SOHO site....

http://zeus.nascom.nasa.gov/~soc/transits/mercury/20061108/latest_MDI_512x512.gif

it's updating a bit better now :-)

cheers - ted

bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de wrote: A disappointed Rob writes:

Unfortunately, none of the Mercury transit pages I've searched so far
today have shown a live image of the solar disk -- very disappointing.

As most of you astronomy-minded folks will know, this transit isn't visible
here in Western Europe :-( but Rob's words show how lucky (and happy) I was
on Jun 08, 2004, when I hurried home from school as fast as I could and as
fast as the traffic on my way home permitted to quickly set up my 8" Celestron
scope without properly aligning it (no time left to do so) during the last few
minutes of the Venus transit and to take a few quick pictures of Venus' egress.

The last Venus transit had occurred on Dec. 06, 1882, more than 120 years
before and the next time Venus will "walk across the sun's disk" won't be
until June, 2012!

Bernd

Sponsored Link

Get a free Motorola Razr! Today Only! Choose Cingular, Sprint, Verizon, Alltel, or T-Mobile.