[meteorite-list] things embedded in fusion crust

From: mckinney trammell <bigpineartifacts_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Nov 2 10:17:08 2006

sand rusted into WEATHERED crust.

Phil Morgan <pkmorgan_at_ctcweb.net> wrote: Hello All,
I've got an oriented NWA that appears to have sand embedded in the fusion
crust on the leading edge. Could this be possible? I'm 98% sure that it's
not desert varnish I'm seeing.

Any other situations where things are stuck in the crust? Seems like I
recall grass in a Portales Valley, but not certain on that one.

I tried to take a couple pictures but it's hard to get the depth perception.
Here they are anyway.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/pkmorgan/meteorite/crust1.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/pkmorgan/meteorite/crust2.jpg

Any info on this topic would be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Phil