[meteorite-list] NEW Lunar - NWA 4472 - Not Paired - AD

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Nov 1 13:23:49 2006

Dear List Members and Lunar Enthusiasts,

I am very happy to announce a NEW and not paired lunar meteorite. It is NWA
4472 and is classified as a lunar "Mare Basalt-Granitic Breccia". It has the
very rare minerals "tranquillityite" and "zircon", along with rare "granitic
clasts" known in some Apollo mare breccias. Tranquillityite was first
identified in the interstitial, last crystallizing regions (mesostasis) of
Apollo 11 mare basalts. The Total Known Weight of NWA 4472 was just 64.3
grams in a single complete stone. After the type sample was submitted,
cutting/polishing losses and leaving a sizable 35.3 gram main mass, there is
not much available to collectors. I have just put all that is available on
eBay, which is only 10 specimens, most with Buy it Now at a very reasonable
rate considering the rare minerals, features and the low TKW, along with no
other pairings. Be sure to read about its acquisition in the November 2006
issue of Meteorite Magazine!

Here is a photo of the 35.3 gram Main Mass of 4472:
http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa4472/nwa4472mainmass1.jpg

Here are the direct links to the only available NWA 4472 specimens:
5.212 gram Complete Slice
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180045853515&rd=1&rd=1
2.770 gram Complete Slice
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180045856378&rd=1&rd=1
2.428 gram Complete Slice
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180045857051&rd=1&rd=1
1.504 gram Complete Slice
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180045868069&rd=1&rd=1
1.158 gram Complete Slice
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180045869085&rd=1&rd=1
156mg Part Slice
http://www.lunarrock.com/11-1/dsc00006.jpg SOLD on eBay while loading the
auctions!
72mg Part Slice
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180045870090&rd=1&rd=1
12mg Part Slice (started at just 99 cents)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180045870519&rd=1&rd=1
12mg Part Slice (started at just 99 cents)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180045871273&rd=1&rd=1
18mg of Fragments (started at just 99 cents)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180045871895&rd=1&rd=1

Along with the above special offerings, here are some links to a new H4 I
currently have on eBay that will end in a few hours:

NEW - NWA 4443 H4 with wonderful colored chondrules (only 8 specimens
available):
16.5 gram End Cut
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180043373614&rd=1&rd=1
12.5 gram Complete Slice
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180043374638&rd=1&rd=1
10.4 gram Complete Slice
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180043375121&rd=1&rd=1
10.3 gram Complete Slice
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180043376092&rd=1&rd=1
9.4 gram Complete Slice
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180043376560&rd=1&rd=1
9.2 gram Complete Slice
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180043377879&rd=1&rd=1
1.3 gram Part Slice
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180043378914&rd=1&rd=1
860mg End Cut (started at just 99 cents!)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180043379938&rd=1&rd=1

In addition to these new offerings, I also have ending today many wonderful
meteorites still at just 99 cents, some of them planetary!! I also loaded a
lot of Unclassified Saharan Individuals, 1-kilo Lots and a host of other
very reasonably priced goodies.

To see all that I have available, click on one of the above links and then
click on "View seller's other items".

"Thank You" for looking and if you are bidding, Good Luck!

Best regards,
Greg

Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection