[meteorite-list] Re: $20M "vision" meteorite

From: Rob McCafferty <rob_mccafferty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Mar 31 16:31:56 2006

First off, I want it to be known that I am a God
fearing man and attend church every Sunday so this is
from the point of view of a cynical scientist.

ebay item 6615436460

' The big rock appeared suspended in the air; then a
hand appeared holding an instrument that looked like a
silver pen. The point of the pen gently touched the
rock and a voice said, "Absolutely! Absolutely!" Then,
as the hand drew away, I saw that clamped in the tip
of the instrument (which I then realized was a silver
drafting tool rather than a pen), was a tiny red ball.
The meaning of the vision that was quickly revealed to
me is that the word "Absolutely," spoken twice, tells
that the rock certainly is a meteorite.'

I pesonally find it hard to believe that if God really
did provide this vision, for One with total command of
His creation, how is it possible for Him to have such
a poor command of grammar?

God's Report Card: Vision
The adjective "absolutely" should not be used on its
own and one of them redundant?

D-
Must try harder

Apologies for my cynicism. They should at least have
put in an option for "best offer"