[meteorite-list] International shipping isssues

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Mar 30 11:57:37 2006

Dear List,

I was wondering if anybody else is having problems with shipping to other
countries, specifically Germany? It seems that about every six months I go
through a cycle were things are seriously delayed or in rare cases lost when
using USPS Airmail to Germany. I have made hundreds of international
shipments and have only had one other incident with another country outside
of Germany and this was only a delay. I always ship within 24 hours of
payment and to have something take over 30 days is unacceptable. Can anybody
tell me how the German postal systems works and why it is so inconsistent?

I have had 14 incidences with shipments to Germany the last two years:

10-with month or better delays
2- lost for over six months and returned to me even though the address' were
correct
1-opened with no item inside (100mgs of NWA032 fragments missing).
1-Never recovered

I would like to give German collectors some reasonable explanation to why
some of their packages are delayed and others are not so any information
would be useful.

Thank You and Take Care,

Adam