[meteorite-list] Professor Rejects Meteor Theory of Carolina Bays' Origin

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Mar 29 10:41:00 2006

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 16:00:30 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

>Is it known if any metals associated with and transported by meteorites have been detected in any substantive concentrations in cores or other samples?

The bays don't really look much like impact craters, to me at least. They are
too elongated, for instance. And there are so many of them, over such a large
area and so large in size that, if they were a strewn field, it'd have to
represent the largest impact to have even been seen on this planet (short of the
one that made the moon).

Check out this web site (especially the photo links)

http://www.georgehoward.net/cbays.htm