[meteorite-list] Meteorite???

From: michelle price <michellepricemail_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Mar 22 21:18:47 2006

Recently I stumbled upon a bag of "rocks" at a thrift store; they appeared to be quite unique, so I bought them. My dad says that a few of them are meteorites... could this be true? If so, is this a good find? Obviously I don't know a thing about meteorites, nor do I know how to go about correctly identifying what I have. The pieces are not very big, but extremely heavy. One of them is very shiny (metallic), black and quite hard. There are a couple that are also black in color, but have gold and silver colored chunks throughout. I can take a picture if someone thinks they can help.
  Thanks!

Yahoo! Mail