[meteorite-list] Earth Rocks Could Have Taken Life to Titan(doubts)

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Mar 22 21:18:42 2006

Hi Sterling,

As always a well presented response and a good crack at the theory!.

 Actually you may have something there, have you ever dropped a large
rock into a shallow pond/pool? The suction of the water moving in to
fill the void behind the rock pulls up debris from the pond bed and even
propels it high into the air (scientifically known as 'a splash'! :), I
guess this is actually a similar'ish' effect to what you are describing,
only much more complex as plasma and air heating is involved, but there
clearly is some sort of mechanism that could propel debris back up the
flight path of a falling rock, - at least in water anyway.

Best,
Mark Ford