[meteorite-list] New Theory: Global Warming Caused byTunguskaEvent / climate change - ~ot

From: Rob McCafferty <rob_mccafferty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Mar 18 11:26:03 2006

> The earth is warmer now than it has been for many
> million of years, and
> the rate of warming is accelerating. - will it be a
> problem?, who knows.
>
> Can we do anything about it? Probably not

I agree with your sentiments Mark. It may well be that
we are already beyond the point where things can be
repaired without serious consequence. However, despite
the increase in solar output of 25% since the solar
system formed, the Earth's climate hasa been
remarkably stable for the whole period. Maybe the
Gaians have a point.

The C14 data in tree rings suggest that the earth's
temperature was at least 0,5degC warmer than it is,
even today merely 2000 years ago. Although there were
no records at the time to prove it, the fact of the
matter is that the Romans were growing Vinyards in
North England around 70AD while it is too cool to do
it today. Why? Who knows but C14 data suggests solar
output is the cause.

It is true that there seems to be an acceleration in
temperature rise during the industrial period but it
is small and temperatures have risen and fallen by
much greater amounts in far shorter periods in the
last 500 years and these were solar output caused.

Can you imagine what would be happening today if the
Maunder Minimum period started today rather than
several hundred years ago? As the world temperature
drops by 2.5 degrees in a couple of decades, the
politicians would be paniking about entering a new Ice
Age and urging us to burn everything to increase CO2
levels.

It frustrates me that scientists make bold predictions
when they haven't really got a clue. We carry on
because it won't happen in our lifetime.

And God looks down on His creation in despair. Who can
He pray to?