[meteorite-list] Idioitic offerings on ebay!

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Mar 10 21:39:39 2006

I see the ebay scammers are out in full. Here is some of the latest B.S.

This natural specimen composed of a kind of meteorite whose name is
siderolite. Really a god given gift.
It appears to be metallic iron composition, with some yellow and white
inclusions apparently rich in.
It is a term that refers to a stony-iron. It has been discredited as the
real original is unknown. Most meteorites burn up in the Earth's atmosphere.
Of those that make it to Earth, only about 1% are siderolites.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-1LB-massive-SIDEROLITE-METEORITE-nugget-CHINA_W0QQitemZ6612507584QQcategoryZ3220QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

iron meteorit with gold and other precious minerals.
Net. weight is 2oz. this is a very beutiful peice.It is a nice chunk, that
came off from a much larger meteorite(12lbs.!!) This meteorite is 40%
gold!!cost:$2000.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/iron-meteorite_W0QQitemZ6612617797QQcategoryZ3239QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

....and, of course the rare find at an estate sale excuse:
http://cgi.ebay.com/METEORITE-OR-MAYBE-SOMETHING-ELSE-DONT-KNOW_W0QQitemZ6612456564QQcategoryZ3239QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I wonder how many people have been burned by these fellows, especially the
#1 ,the Siderolite idiot who has sold more than a few!

Take Care,

Adam