[meteorite-list] Austria Will Issue Stamps with Meteorite Powder

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Mar 10 15:27:32 2006

En un mensaje con fecha 03/10/2006 1:26:22 PM Mexico Standard Time,
baalke_at_zagami.jpl.nasa.gov escribe:

<< Six hundred thousand copies of the stamp have been made so far. Each
 stamp will contain 0.03g of star dust, the Austrian Post Office said on
 Thursday. >>

Hot cross buns, hurry up and get 'em. Thirty-three thousand to go and the
19Kg's will all be dust. I feel bad about this this one. Even if you like the
idea, it can only enrage the fire of the backlash in the world of saving
meteorites for posterity. To each his own, I guess. How very stupid to pulverize
a meteorite beyond recognition to encourage stamp collecting. I'll stick to
edelweiss, and not change my opinion of the disproportionate amount of great
contributions Austrians have made to the world. No sale here...
Saludos, Doug