[meteorite-list] Re: Colorado Meteorite Locations on Google Earth

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jun 29 22:33:49 2006

Walter N. posted:

> It's interesting that you put up this list today. I live in Golden and
> just
> a few days ago I went to the MB database and placed set points in
> Google
> Earth for all the Colorado meteorites they had on file.

Dear Walter:

Golden is a lovely town. I am a great fan of the hot springs at nearby
Indian Springs.

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, but if you don't
already own a copy, may I recommend "The Handbook of Colorado
Meteorites," by our very own Matt Morgan. It is an attractive color
booklet written by Matt, with lots of photos and info about Colorado
meteorites. It is "Special Publication 49," by the Colorado Geological
Society, published in 2000.

Matt has been known to sign copies, if you ask nicely : )

http://www.mhmeteorites.com

Matt, you redesigned the website again! I like the photo of you
studiously examining a pallasite slice on the home page. You are a very
talented chap.

Regards to all,

Geoff N.
www.aerolite.org