[meteorite-list] New friends up

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jun 26 17:49:26 2006

Two more of us, Mirko Graul & David Deyarmin, can now
be "seen" on the Meteorite Friends Page at:

http://www.michaelbloodmeteorites.com/MeteoriteFriends.html

        Just a friendly reminder to all: if you are sending in a jpg
of yourself for the Meteorite Friends Page(PLEASE DO if you
are not yet "up"), the larger the photo, the better. This is especially
true if the jpg you are sending in is a full body shot - or especially a
group shot. ALL images will be cropped for a "head shot" of the
subject and a small photo - then further reduced makes for a very
"fuzzy" image. Ideal is about 8 X 10 inches, not a 1.5 X 1.5 group
or full body shot. If the photo is large enough, then cropping will
not be a problem. Even a small (2 X 3 ) photo can work well if it is
a "head shot" and in good focus.
        I have developed a few photoshop skills, but there are definite
limits for even the best photoshop technicians I have known. You
simply must have a minimal amount of data to start with or nothing
you do can give you a nice, crisp, well lit image. I have cable download,
so, even downloading an image 28 X 35 inches is not a problem.
        If you are not yet "up" on the Meteorite Friends Page, send
me yr mug! We all wanna see who we are "talking to." Don't you?
        Thanks to all, Michael

--
"He is not a lover who does not love forever." - Euripides (485-406BC)